Friday, October 26, 2007

Nothingness

Pin It

I have tried to compose a blog several times now, and nothing seems to come. The only line I’ve had thus far is, “Life can change on a dime.” I think that Kathleen Kelly, Meg Ryan’s character in You’ve Got Mail, summed up how I am feeling perfectly when she said,

Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but circumscribed. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book [or saw in a movie], when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So goodnight, dear void.

That is it.

2 comments:

annette said...

A part of me has been drifting in my own nothingness for a long time. Sometimes all I can do is hold on to what is most important, and let the rest go.

And I'm hanging on,
To everything I hold dear
And I'm letting go of all this fear....

Do you question your life? Maybe it is time for a change.

Go somewhere better
Go to the sea
Walk through the desert...
(Vertical Horizon- "One of You")

I'm on your side. Hang in there.

summer said...

I love that movie! You have a student in your math class - Graham Johnson, and his mom looks and talks (somewhat) like Meg Ryan...which I just realized when she was giving the lesson yesterday in Beehives (YW). This too shall pass - I spent about 2 years feeling like that when we lived in Florida, and now I feel like I've found my purpose in life again with this move back to Utah. Too bad you can't see yourself through the eyes of others and of course through His eyes, then you would never have those moments. However, since you are human you do - we all do....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...