Monday, December 24, 2007

Logan, the Sky Angel Cowboy

Pin It

There are those things in life which really make you think and bring your perspective back to where it should be.

I was recently given a link by a friend of mine, Summer, to a clip on YouTube. The clip is of a phone conversation between Logan, a 13 year-old boy who lives on a Nebraska ranch, and a radio DJ for 89.3 FM KSBJ. This is a Christian radio station which broadcasts from Houston, TX.

Logan made a phone call to the radio station very upset because he had to put down a calf that he loved. The message he shared made me think of what is truly important this time of year, and that no matter what challenges we are called to face in our lives, Somebody knows and understands what it is that we are going through.


3 comments:

annette said...

If you're looking for things that evoke emotion, you certainly succeeded. I dripped tears listening to this sweet boy as he shared his feelings and understandings strait from the heart, no cover-ups, no excuses.

I believe that kids really get the things that count. Maybe they should be the advice columnists.

Teachinfourth said...

Annette,

I found this link about Logan as well, you might be interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0r_FbARIn8

It tells a little bit about him and you also get to meet him.

summer said...

Thanks for the other link Jason, that was great to hear more about the story and Logan - what a great little missionary he is...how old did they say he was 13?...that gives us about 5 years to find him so he can realize the full potential in being a missionary! The first time I heard the clip, I and my children had just been to Primary Children's Hospital to visit a friend whose 3 year old has been diagnosed with Neuroblastoma cancer. He's not my son, but it's hard to watch anyone go through pain and suffering, and yet with Logan's words I realized that someone knows exactly how we feel and to an even greater extent. I already knew what Logan was saying was true due to my own testimony - but it rang out again with such clarity that I had one of those really comforting moments in life where you know there are reasons behind everything. I always marvel when children are the ones to remind us of these truths...yet, I know from my own children that they are so sensitive to the spirit and don't shy away from expressing their thoughts, because they don't worry about saying their honest feelings, and laying out how real they see everything. Thanks to Logan the world's Sky Angel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...