Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Weekly Kodachrome - Home Away from Home

Pin It

It seems that I rarely take photos of myself. This shouldn't come as too much of a revelation...after all, it's hard when you're always on the other end of the camera.

I had the opportunity to be in southern Utah for the past three weeks.

I loved it. In fact, I miss it terribly now. I just can't seem to get enough of the San Rafael Swell area.


Whenever I'm there,  my iPod seems to magically gravitate to a Nickel Creek playlist and I'm off, exploring the region so few ever venture into, and see the sights not seen by the majority...only rather by those who share the conviction that not all who wander are lost.

Yes, the desert is my magical place.


Therefore, for this week's Kodachrome, I decided to share a photo I took with one of my best friends, the desert.

And, in addition, I am sharing a photo a friend of mine snapped. Like I said before, I rarely seem to have photos of myself.


Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living

Did you take a photo that made you smile? If so, feel free to include it in the linky below. 

Remember, by adding your photo into the Weekly Kodachrome meme you are agreeing to do one of the following: display the linky or button to your post, or link back to this post so that everyone gets a little more exposure for the image they’ve uploaded. Those who don’t help to ’share the love’ will have their links removed. You can find the code for the linky here.





You might also want to try Sweet Shot Tuesdays, Show off Your Shot, Your Sunday Best, This or That Thursday, and Community Global for other great photo memes.

Oh, and I did post over at Four Perspectives today...and it's delicious. Seriously delicious.

8 comments:

Jade @ Tasting Grace said...

Gorgeous! The desert is a magical place indeed. I've almost forgotten how wonderful it is, after living in the tropics for almost two years. I haven't been to Utah though....maybe one day!

Heidi said...

I'd be lying if I said I'm not completely jealous of your little summer sabbaticals. Maybe someday I'll be able to do something like that. Thanks for sharing. :)

Heidi said...

P.S. (It kind of looks like you're winking at us in that first pic. ;)

A Lark said...

I discovered that it's difficult to take pictures of yourself when you don't have a friend or someone around to do it. And then some people just like to be on the other end of the camera....

Nancy said...

I understand the difficulty in snapping a photo of oneself -- but it's good to do so now and again!

Love the images and I hope to visit Utah some day.

Thank you for sharing at YSB this week and being the 100th contributor! xo

Gina Kleinworth said...

Very cool! When we traveled through Utah there were so many places like that I wanted to get out to explore.

4 Lettre Words said...

Love that you coordinated your shirt for that 1st shot. :) Such a beautiful place!

Teachinfourth said...

That place is Red's Canyon. I absolutely love it there. I was exploring some of the deserted uranium mines.

As for the Joey shirts? I have numerous colors and I wear them as much as possible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...