Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cat, or Dog?

Pin It I am a cat.

I say this not because I really am a cat, after all, I am actually allergic to them (plus the fact that I hate them too). I say this because I used to be a dog…in fact, some days I am a dog, while other times, I find myself being a cat.

Let me explain…

A dog is an animal that just seems to love you, no matter what. He goes out of his way to be around you too. A simple scratch behind the ears completely makes his day. He comes when you call, and always wants to play. No matter how many times you throw the ball or want to run in the park, he is there. If it’s raining, and you are going out in the rain, the dog usually wants to go with you…he just doesn’t care what the weather is.

Not so for a cat. A cat is a solitary creature; it wants nothing more than to do what it wants, when it wants. If you call it, it does not come. In fact, the more you try to get it to do what you want, the more it tries to stay away. If you give it an order to stay, or to go, it usually does not. When it rains, the cat stays inside, and just lazes around, staying where it is warm and cozy. Maybe if the weather is nice, the cat would oblige to go outside…maybe.

It seems that all of us, at different times or other in our lives have been either a cat or a dog.

Today, I am a cat.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a cat, too.

shoezimm said...

I have been a cat for most of my life and really do not see it changing in the days to come.....and I am not ashamed to admit it!

Gerb said...

I think I'm a bird or a dragon.

summer said...

whew, I thought I was the only one that couldn't fit myself into the cat/dog mold. I definitely relate to both during some days, but I think most days...I would be a dolphin.

smalltoes said...

I hate cats too. I like to think I am a dog. But we all have our cat days.

P.S. I can't believe you aren't going to be at CSZ for 3 weeks. What shall I do without you??

annette said...

I never thought I could relate to a dog. That is, until I read this. I realized that I'm a dog when I'm around people I like. If I'm any cat at all, I'm either a panther or a tiger.

Julie said...

I too find myself being a dog or a cat at most times, and at other times a completely different animal..probably a horse.

Unknown said...

This is so funny, when I was young I use to wish I was a cat when I got up for school. Because seeing my cat laying in bed not having to move or get out of its comfort zone made me jealous. I love my cats for the therapy that give me. My dog on the other hand sometime thinks he can do anything he wants even though he is trained to be a therapy dog. O.k. so I shall be the head of a dog and a butt of a cat. And by the way my cat Armond comes when he is called. He wuvs me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...