Sunday, January 4, 2009

Abandoned Hospital

Pin It At one of my recent photoshoots in Lehi, I noticed an old, deserted, brick building across the street. According to a man shoveling his walk in the neighborhood, it used to be a hospital and it has been many other things since that time.

It was heartrending to see this majestic, aged building which had fallen into a state of disrepair, where it now only served as home to pigeons.

Heedless of the cold, my friend and I ventured through the drifts of snow and into the shadowy depths of the structure. These images are now what I share with you…








10 comments:

shoezimm said...

Ooh I love the third image with the doors high up in the wall....just watch that first step!

Unknown said...

I love what you captured in that building.

Julie said...

I never get tired of looking at your marvelous work! Thanks for sharing one of your many talents.

Lydia said...

What a cool looking building, it would be wonderful to see it restored.

K.J. said...

I never saw the beauty in that building, and I drive by it a few times a week. I will look at it differently from now on...you seem to bring out the best in everything you capture.

Kathy said...

Whoa, look at the lighting in that building. It would make such a great studio!

mywest said...

You have captured a time forgotten... when this building was a main focus, a sanctuary to the sick and inflicted. I wonder what life will show when we are gone...Hopefully not just a empty view of disrepair where only the pigeons live..but the love of ones who remember and keep our memory's alive.

jacs said...

Finally!! that building is the COOLEST building i have ever seen...minus the blair witch basement of course. the pigeon poop looks AWESOME in black and white! what about the one that was of all the windows on the side--from the front and the one of the big hole in the back? can you do those?

Gerb said...

These make me want to explore all the old, run-down buildings I see.
These shots remind me of people - most people see an old, deserted building, but at least one person was able to see what was really there: some beauty.

MindyElias said...

Hey..........where ya been? It's been four days without a posting....that's a long time for you :)

~me

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...