Thursday, July 1, 2010

Moments with Joey – Secret Plans

Pin It
SCENE 1, EXTERIOR. AFTERNOON, PLAYGROUND. The teacher is out on recess duty. The students run around, enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. As the teacher walks out toward the soccer game taking place on the field, a boy approaches him.

JOEY: Hey, Mr. Z, did you know that my grandparents have a notebook?

TEACHER: Um, that’s nice, Joey.

JOEY: No, Mr. Z. It’s a secret notebook. [Nods knowingly]. It has plans in it.

TEACHER: Let me guess…secret plans?

JOEY: Yep. The plans say they’re going to move away one day when I’m sleeping.

TEACHER: Now just why in the world would they want to do that?

[Pause].

JOEY: Mostly because I’m awesome.

TEACHER: Now, wait just a minute...they want to move because you’re awesome? Wouldn’t they want to be around you because you’re awesome?

JOEY: No, it makes them feel unawesome.

TEACHER: [Wink]. Join the club…

Fade to black.

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I think he has it all figured out.

Stef said...

Haha. Gotta love his confidence!!
(My husband is sure that he knows you from somewhere. When did you go to the Provo ward?)
oops.theregoesmymind@gmail.com

tammy said...

That made me giggle.

Corine Moore said...

OK - now I don't care how awesome someone is... that doesn't make another awesome person any less AWESOME! BTY - has anyone told you you're awesome lately? ;)

Cheeseboy said...

Joey's awesome for inventing the word "unawesome".

4evermyboys.... said...

That's AWESOME! It's the word of the day you know....:)

Shannon said...

I wish I could be as awesome as Joey.

Kathy V said...

How does a 5th grader come up with this stuff? I am so NOT clever.

Teachinfourth said...

K - Indeed, I think he did figure his grandparent's evil plot.

There are other things I want to blog about with my class but I recently found out that a few students found their way here - and read occasionally. Now I can't share my teacher secrets.

Curses!

S - It would have been six years ago perhaps…I didn't go to that one all the time, but for a month or so I did.

T - You should be there when it happens. Sometimes, it's all I can do NOT to laugh.

C - Sounds like a Rod Stewart song…but thanks.

CB - He coined it. I've since used it.

C - Rock on…I will keep using it all day (well, today as well as I did yesterday).

S - There are times I envy that boy as well…

K - Don't worry, he says plenty of dumb stuff too…I don't always blog about those things.

Rachel said...

You. are. incorrigible!

Richard & Natalie said...

Oh, to join such a club...(sigh) ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...