Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekly Kodachrome - The Hope of America

Pin It

Tuesday of this past week I had the opportunity to head to the Marriott Center and perform with over three thousand fifth graders and their teachers. I sat amongst the other attendees along with nearly every student in my class - it was a powerful feeling that took over as the lights shone down, and our voices melded into one. We raised our hands in one unified group, and I felt myself completely blown away - a feeling which always gives me hope...in America.





Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living
Did you take a photo that made you smile? If so, feel free to include it in the linky below. 

Remember, by adding your photo into the Weekly Kodachrome meme you are agreeing to do one of the following: display the linky or button to your post, or link back to this post so that everyone gets a little more exposure for the image they’ve uploaded. Those who don’t help to ’share the love’ will have their links removed. You can find the code for the linky here.







You might also want to try Sweet Shot Tuesdays, Show off Your Shot, Your Sunday Best, and Community Global for other great photo memes.

10 comments:

Mindy said...

I must admit I am a total sap for anything patriotic...
I probably would have had a lump in my throat for the entire evening...
Just imagining the sound of three thousand voices raised in song gives me goosebumps.

I think it is wonderful that your students have this opportunity. It really does give one hope for the future.

4 Lettre Words said...

Ahhh...that's so great!

Connie said...

What a wonderful program! I'm with Mindy, I would have been fighting that lump too.

Unknown said...

What an absolutely incredible thing to be a part of! So glad you could experience this! I know it is something your students will never forget!

Anonymous said...

So great! I would have linked up, but my photo wasn't taken this week. :(

Kel said...

Here from Sweet Shot...
That is such an interesting photo. I can only imagine what the experience must have felt like, but your photo sure helps.
I'm so inspired by it... I would have looked at that situation photographically and thought things were too crowded and tight to get a good shot, and look what you did!
I love it! WOW!
Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a unique thing to do!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful experience!

Nancy said...

An inspiring post. Thank you so much for sharing it.

tammy said...

That is very cool. Wish I could've been there to see it in person.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...