Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Moments with Joey – Confusion

Pin It
SCENE 1, INTERIOR. AFTERNOON, CLASSROOM. The teacher moves to a desk where a young boy is patiently waiting for help with his assignment. The teacher kneels down next to him.

JOEY: Mr. Z, I was just doing the assignment and this question perplexed me.

[The boy points to problem number four on his worksheet while the teacher looks at the boy with a surprised expression].

TEACHER: Perplexed? Do you even know what that word means?

JOEY: [Nodding]. Yeah, it means to be confused.

[Pause].

TEACHER: How did you know that word, Joey?

JOEY: I don’t know. [Shrug] I guess I’m just awesome.

TEACHER: Yeah, and it looks like you’ve got lots of humility, too.

[The boy looks confused].

JOEY: Mr. Z? What does that word mean?

[Fade to black].

11 comments:

tammy said...

This reminds me so much of my 8 year old.

Rachel said...

HA! Yeah Mr. Z what does humility mean?

Too funny!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

hey its like that w/being a parent too!. out of the mouths of babes, as they say!.

Richard & Natalie said...

Laughing at Rachel's comment. Dang, she posted it before I did. ;P

I guess you know what his next vocab word should be...

Just SO said...

I love Joey. He is awesome.

wsxwhx700 said...

This is very good.

tiburon said...

What a RIOT!!! So glad I have my own little 5th grader ;)

jayne wells said...

classic. And I LOVE the Witches.

Shannon said...

Joey has no need for humility, so why should he need to know what it means??

Amy said...

That Joey! This is why we go to work everyday!

VKT said...

This is priceless! I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...