Sunday, January 23, 2011

Media of the Week - Famous Failures

Pin It There are times in life when I feel that the odds are stacked against me. I find myself questioning my own self worth. There are moments when I feel that life is out to get me and think it would be so much easier to throw in the towel, sit around in my pajamas, and eat peanut butter straight from the jar.

It is in these times that I remind myself that tomorrow is always another day. The failures and shortcomings of one day are not a precursor of those yet to come. A new beginning can always be greeted with the sunrise, no matter how terrible the previous day was.

Our lives are meant to be lived - not only the good, but also the bad. And do you know what? Sometimes it’s the hard things that help us to truly enjoy and appreciate all of those things around us that are indeed...good.

9 comments:

Tammy said...

This was so inspiring. I had chills watching it. Reminds me of a quote I saw...something about pacing my awesomeness so as to not overwhelm you. Something like that. I loved it.

Cheeseboy said...

Now that was inspiring. Loved the Walt Disney one. Perhaps the most imaginative person of the last 200 years.

Amy said...

Great video! It puts things into perspective of what would happen if we did sit around and just eat out of a jar of peanut butter! Personally, I think this kind of feeling is prevalent now with the weather and the time of the year it is. Did you hear that January 17th is/was suppose to be the most depressing day of the year? Thank goodness that's behind us! ;)

Bonnie said...

Thanks! What a great message that is well needed to start the work week with!

Chrissy said...

Not just failure, but remember the kid who was always thought of as 'strange, weird, quirky'? and years later they made their mark in whatever well known field...those are the ones who are ahead of the common person... A gf from high school was thought of as a nerd, today shes assistant D.A. for L.A.!. Go Gwen!.

Karen said...

This is a great message and a good reminder that sometimes "failure" is the best thing that could happen.

M-Cat said...

Love this, a great reminder. But IS there an issue with staying in my pajamas and eating peanut butter straight from the jar? If so, I am screwed.

Tonya said...

great reminder...

after all - failure I ROCK at... time to turn that around into something spectacular I guess :)

Jenny said...

Thanks for the boost, the video gave me back some hope for things to come. Since I have just experienced some failure recently. I have been feeling a tad blue!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...