Saturday, June 6, 2009

Ode to Today

Pin It

The sounds call from the open window...

Laughter from the park.

The sounds of birdsong.

The splaying of water from the sprinkler heavily mist the air; miniature rainbows are birthed in the droplets that fragment the light of the sun.

Pallid snow still caps the distant mountains—hazy blue in the afternoon light.

The white and gray drenched clouds race intermittently overhead, as the odor of lilac still permeates the air with its rich aroma.

The barbecue is beckoning to me; it wants to be used.

I rise from my space and relish in the fresh air, wafting in waves about me and the glorious smells it brings: freshness, invigoration, awe.

Saturday.

4 comments:

Gerb said...

It was indeed a beautiful Saturday. I hope yours was enjoyed as much as ours was over here. I am reveling in this weather!

annette said...

Ahhh, you are as good of a writer as you are a photographer. And that is certainly saying something!

Anonymous said...

Great image, and beautiful imagery. Very evocative.

Teachinfourth said...

G - It was nice. I saw from your post that it was indeed a wonderful day at your end.

A - Thanks for the comment...I just can't have one without the other.

L - Thanks for reading - it was a nice day; could always use a few of those in my back pocket for when I need them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...