Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Like Two Pigs Fightin' Under a Blanket...

Pin It You don't know how long I’ve waited for you to come to this blog today; for I wish to write about something a bit deeper, something growling of braggadocio. However, you know that there are days that people seem to want the fairy tale—the chirrupy and upbeat post of…well, that’s just it. Hopefully, you’re come here with no expectations, for I only wish to profess that which I know. I won’t be complaining or anything, ‘cause, you know, I have my friends. I have a townhouse. I have sole possession of a remote control. That’s very important. It really does complete me. I’m just an ordinary person, and that’s OK.

What I’d like to write about today seems to be that never-ending story of good vs. evil; maybe about those in the world who are here to save you when you need saving, cover your tail when it needs covering, and are always there when you need someone to lean on. I have been forced to think of some things while writing this post…what if, by writing it, I'm not the hero? What if I am the bad guy?

I guess what I’m really trying to say is, I understand the feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places that you didn’t know you had inside you. And it doesn’t matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of Dr. Pepper you drink with your friends, you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you could write about and yet not be misunderstood.

Of course, I could always go on and write something else today, but this is really weighing heavily on my mind, and it seems that I have to continually remind myself not to tell the story about my molars instead. However, with my blog, with each post I write, I see cohesion. When all is said and done, they have one thing in common: they are shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity, and in a flash, they’re gone—lost into the archives where adventures tend not to tread…

Okay, I know what you’re thinking…stop raising your voice in the words of mumbo gumbo and get on with the story…

Alright, you’ve got it; however, if you still haven’t figured out the topic of today’s post at Four Perspectives, maybe you should go back and reread all that again before clicking over, after all, life is full of interruptions and complications, why shouldn’t this be one of them?

Ya-Ya!



Much of this text was shamelessly shanghaied from: Twilight, Pretty Woman, Sense and Sensibility, While You were Sleeping, Jerry Macquire, Hope Floats, The Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sistershood, Love Actually, He’s Just Not That into You, The Notebook, and The Holiday. No copyright infringement was intended. Mockery? Yes. Infringement? No.

By the way, just so you know...none of these lines were at my immediate disposal for use. It took nearly two hours of online research to find them all. FYI.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

And one would have to have actually SEEN those movies....to be able to 'shamelessly' pull those lines from them......

If I didn't know any better.....I would think that you might actually be looking for a 'fight' knowing that 99% of the readers of this blog are "chicks"....

Trying to stir the pot are we? Well, all I can say is, "You are too twisted for color tv"! Put the remote away. "You CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH"! :D

L said...

Rachel has a point here, you would have had to of seen all eleven of those movies in order to seek out the quotes....

Not judging but really, Twilight? Please tell me you laughed throughout that. Not sure what was worse the acting or that I stayed awake to finish that cinematic crud.

Gerb said...

I think your vacation has gone on for long enough. 2 hours looking up movie quotes?

You make me laugh.

Just SO said...

The saddest part is that I only recognized the quote from Twilight. *hanging head in shame*

Richard & Natalie said...

What won't you do for a post? 2 hours? Really? Wow.

You could've wrapped all my presents for me in those 2 hrs. I'll take the comedic relief instead.

And it seems from 4 P's that even when you try to be the bad guy you still end up the hero. Wow.
You gotta tell me how you do that.

Gerb said...

By the way... I forgot to mention that your title is hilarious.

Unknown said...

All fabulous movies, I might add...

I LOVE Rachel's comments. You go girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...