Sunday, January 31, 2010

Moments with Joey – Oxygen Depravation

Pin It
SCENE 1, INTERIOR. AFTERNOON. CLASSROOM. The students are working on center activities as the teacher finishes up meeting with a reading group. As the kids return to their seats, one boy approaches the teacher at the back table.

JOEY: Mr. Z?

TEACHER: What’s up, Joey?

JOEY: I was just wondering who your favorite student was.

TEACHER: (Surprised) C’mon Joey, you know that I don’t have favorites.

[The boy nods his head and then grins at the teacher.]

JOEY: Maybe you could have one and it could be me.

[The teacher looks at the boy for a moment before answering.]

TEACHER: You know, you’re breathing my air.

[The boy immediately grabs his own throat with both his hands and pretends to be suffocating. The teacher hides a smile as the boy drops to his knees trying to choke out a few words as his eyes roll backward in their sockets.]

TEACHER: Wait, Joey. You can’t die. If you died, I’d be sad.

[The boy stops choking himself, gives the thumbs-up sign, and starts to head back to his desk to continue working.]

JOEY: Probably because I’m your favorite.

[Fade to black.]

10 comments:

Rachel said...

I'd have worked that one a little more.....I'd have said something like....."My favorite brings me treats....etc." :)

Richard & Natalie said...

You have to give it to him- that was some quick wit on his part.
Very clever of that "Joey," I think.

Linn said...

Love that Joey boy! Awesome writing my friend.

Corine Moore said...

That's a great story! :D I'm sure there are a bunch of munchkins who secretly hope that they are your favorite.
I get kids running to me at church to hug me on Sundays... and those kids have a way of making me feel SO IMPORTANT! I love it! :) (I miss being in the Primary
Kids are great. Lucky you... to get to be with so many kids who adore you every day! ;)

A Lark said...

Too bad everyone on here can't see you acting this one out... (:

Just SO said...

Smart kid. Can I be your favorite person who comments on your blog??? please??? ;)

mamahasspoken said...

Agree with Rachel, you so could have gotten some awesome things with that one ;o)

Unknown said...

Verra cute, verrra cute...

Jamie said...

Aren't kids just clever!? Moments with Joey are truly entertaining. Thanks!

Gerb said...

He IS your favorite, isn't he? Sounds to me like Joey's on to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...