Saturday, October 15, 2011

So, I Meant to Post This Fourteen Months Ago...

Pin It Such is what happens when one is delving into the contents of their external hard drive and notices that they had never posted about their trip to the Redwood Forest from the previous year. Well, I mean, I had posted a few photos of the trip that I had forgotten about, but I never told anything about my adventures or misadventures.

Well, it so happened that I was looking for something else and found that I needed to post a few video clips to warm you up for my adventure...

I will post a few of my photos in a few days - you know, sometime next week. Until then, enjoy the exploits. However, should you choose not to watch the videos, I will not be offended...after all, they are just of me. I can only be so awesome without an entourage.



Meanwhile, miles away (and a day or two later) I hiked out to the middle of nowhere in search of a cave that turned out to be pretty cool...but suddenly while out there I remembered that episode of The X Files; you know the one where Mulder and Scully get trapped by those swarming bugs that suck people's juices out?

Yeah, it got kind of freaky there for a bit...



Now, while on my way out to Willow Creek and The Redwood forest, my TomTom decides that I need to take the scenic route. I guess I deserve it for having originally bought the cheap version instead of the deluxe.









This is probably one of my favorite parts of finally arriving at the coast (well, besides the Bigfoot museum in Willow Creek).



10 comments:

Connie said...

OK, so, while watching your videos I'm thinking to myself, "what a place to be lost! It's so beautiful!" Then I got panicky and realized I'd be freaking out if it was getting late, and I only had a little gas in the car and some foolish voice, named Tom-Tom, was steering me wrong at every turn! Then my imagination would run wild and I'd think of Big Foot or some crazed "middle of nowhere" murderer and I'd be crying for my Mother.
You handled it quite well.

Beautiful ocean!

BTW, you must be more of a man than I am, I'd NEVER go in that cave!

Oh yeah, and why is that last video private?

4 Lettre Words said...

Wow...these are amazing. My boys would love such an adventure!

Teachinfourth said...

Thanks for letting me know, Connie...I've changed the setting for that video.

Dina, it was pretty cool/freaky/amazing. I'm glad I was able to experience it.

Rachel said...

Interview for first video: So TF, what you're trying to say is that it is beautiful?

Interview for second video: (In a whispering voice) Why are we whispering?

Interview for the Tom Tom lost videos: We're not lost!! THIS is beautiful....

Interview for ocean videos: Hold a sec while I take off my shoes and roll up my pant legs.

mamahasspoken said...

Post like this makes me wish you live closer to me since technology (especially videos) have been a major issue for me......

Amy H said...

Oh, I'd LOVE to watch these (partly just to hear what you sound like) but the sound on this computer is dead... blah!

CB said...

Your video's are great! Especially the Tom Tom wanting you to take that right turn - what a crack up!

I love this area - I'm a Northern Cali girl born and raised and this is one beautiful place!!

mCat said...

DUDE! What the aitch is wrong with you going into a cave? ALONE!! I had anxiety for you.

Tell me that you hucked the TomTom out the window on a highspeed freeway and got a garmin.

And the coastline? Beautiful!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

These videos cracked me up. Darned TomTom. Good thing you didn't end up driving INTO the ocean.

The Redwoods are so beautiful. I haven't been up there in years.

Richard & Natalie said...

Wowsers! you took my breath away with some of those videos- especially when you are filming and driving along a drop off!
That first video of the ocean has me wanting to yell, "ROAD TRIP" and just taking off. So peaceful and beautiful.

PS- It was nice to see 'Red' again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...