Sunday, May 13, 2012

Weekly Kodachrome - Asphalt Admonitions

Pin It

It had been a long day.

I took an exhausted few steps as I emerged from the school, at once noticing the sun as it readied to complete it's journey into the western skyline. It was yet another reminder that I had stayed far too late.

I blew out a breath and inhaled the fresh, clean air - riddled with the scent of something that was flowering.

As I began walking the distance to my vehicle, I suddenly found myself surrounded by the chalk messages of who knows how many students. Their rainbow-colored scrawl was splayed out before me, like modern day petroglyphs. I paused and read through their various messages, pronouncements of how cool they thought they were, and the pictures they'd drawn.

That's when I saw the one that made me stop in my tracks, stand for a moment, and smile.

Some of them do get it.

Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living
Did you take a photo that made you smile? If so, feel free to include it in the linky below. 


Remember, by adding your photo into the Weekly Kodachrome meme you are agreeing to do one of the following: display the linky or button to your post, or link back to this post so that everyone gets a little more exposure for the image they’ve uploaded. Those who don’t help to ’share the love’ will have their links removed. You can find the code for the linky here.








You might also want to try Sweet Shot Tuesdays, Show off Your Shot, Your Sunday Best, and Community Global for other great photo memes.

8 comments:

mCat said...

Love it! I suspect that the artist behind that one, was a student of Mr. Z

4 Lettre Words said...

Do you think a teacher really did it? :)

Buckeroomama said...

READ. That definitely made me smile. :)

'...pronouncements of how cool they thought they were...' Haha, how true!

Tamar SB said...

So great! I am a teacher too, first grade, and it is so special to see things like this!

Tamar SB said...

So great! I am a teacher too, first grade, and it is so special to see things like this!

Unknown said...

The best sidewalk graphic ever!

...melody... said...

Yay! They get it. I understand and feel your exhaustion. :) Great shot!

Mindy said...

It is gratifying when the finally "get it" isn't it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...