Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekly Kodachrome - Mostly Eclipse of the Sun

Pin It

Last night I was privy to an event that only a slim corridor of the United States was in the right place for.

A mostly eclipse.

I wish now that I’d have had my powerful zoom lens, filters, and all of the other stuff that makes photography a little bit easier.

Since I hadn’t been privy to an eclipse since I was just a kid, I was impressed. I was a bit disappointed in the fact that I didn’t wind up with powers of some type like in that show, Heroes. However, I am glad that my face didn’t melt off like the Nazis’ heads did in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I guess you could say that it was a mostly win-win situation.

By the way, remember that you only have until midnight on Tuesday to enter (and win) the current contest to win photos like these or these.

Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living
Did you take a photo that made you smile? If so, feel free to include it in the linky below. 


Remember, by adding your photo into the Weekly Kodachrome meme you are agreeing to do one of the following: display the linky or button to your post, or link back to this post so that everyone gets a little more exposure for the image they’ve uploaded. Those who don’t help to ’share the love’ will have their links removed. You can find the code for the linky here.



You might also want to try Sweet Shot Tuesdays, Show off Your Shot, Your Sunday Best, and Community Global for other great photo memes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Nancy said...

Great capture -- I didn't even know about the eclipse until after the fact. Geez.

4 Lettre Words said...

Wowza...you did good!

mCat said...

Yours is the only good photo I have seen. You captured it for me, so I didn't go out and melt my retina's.

Thank you

Karen M. Peterson said...

That photograph turned out really well.

I remember there being a solar eclipse when I was in high school, and a teacher told us that we wouldn't have another chance to see one until WAY in the FUTURE in 2012. Weird. The future is now.

jenifer said...

hey-- can i ask you a question. i always shoot my nikon in manual mode (i know, i'm a wimp.) but, i notice my people are so white-- like glowing or washed out, bright. does this have to do with my preset settings? any ideas? i wonder if it has to do with the preset ISO? if you have any ideas can you leave them in a comment on my blog?! thanks o wise one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...