Thursday, September 18, 2008

Photography - I really need to update

Pin It The Fall Festival up at Sundance is rapidly approaching, and I am not even close to being ready for it...basically, I'm up to my eyeballs in projects right now and am starting to feel the pressure.

I know that I said that my photography website would be online ‘in two or three weeks’ about two months ago. Unfortunately, there is whole lot more to getting photos ready for the website than I originally intended.

Let me put it this way…

Decisions.

There are around 1,000 photos I have taken which I would consider putting online. While many of these are nice, there are only a certain number of these which will sell—which is what I am really after, to be honest. The very idea of going through all of these makes me dizzy…I have now have it narrowed down to about 200 photos. When I stop to think about how many that is to get online, it’s kind of overwhelming. However, who’d want to go to a photography site and only see eight or ten photos altogether?

Building flash files.

Mostly a time-consuming process; also trying to figure out prices for certain photoshoot packages, and ways to word them for these flash movies…whoa, this is taking more time than I’d thought at first.

Cropping certain images.

Don’t even get me started on this one…for the Alphabetography page, there are many images I still need to sort through and crop…far too much work. I reached the letter “R” tonight, so I am nearly there—eight more letters to go!

Teaching.

When school started, my life was instantly consumed. This seems to happen each year, but I am getting better at saying, “That’s enough” than I was in the past…not that I always listen to myself, because I don’t. However, I am doing better.

I would love to say more, however, it’s late and I need to get to bed before 10 tonight. Too many sleepless nights have been taking their toll on me.

If you’d like to see the “welcome” page to the site with nothing more than one small image and the words, ‘coming soon’ please click here.

If you’d rather wait, it should be online soon…in about two weeks.

2 comments:

Farscaper said...

Curious.. are you going to sell digital images (downloadables) or hard copy picts.. or both?

Teachinfourth said...

Hard copies for scenery.

Hard or 'soft' copies for photos of people. (That is, the photos I'm taking of that particular group...not selling off random photos of everybody, you know?).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...