Thursday, May 17, 2012

Moments with Joey - Literature Responses

Pin It

SCENE 1, INTERIOR. MORNING. CLASSROOM. The students are in the classroom working on assignments. As the teacher works with three or four students at the back table, a boy at a nearby desk addresses him.

JOEY: Mr. Z, literature responses are on Monday, right?

TEACHER: Yep.

JOEY: Good…I was thinking about doing mine on the math book.

[Pause]

TEACHER: [unbelievingly] The math book?

JOEY: Yeah.

TEACHER: Now, you do realize that you’d have to read the entire book to do a response on it, right?

JOEY: The whole thing?

TEACHER: Yep, words, numbers and all.

[Pause]

JOEY: Maybe I’ll pick another book.

TEACHER: Good idea. [Pause] By the way, what were you planning to do for a project?

JOEY: I was thinking of drawing pictures of the different math symbols and showing them to everybody.

TEACHER: Because that would be so much fun for everyone else?

JOEY: Yeah, I thought they’d like it.

TEACHER: Probably as much as getting their gums scraped.


[The boy laughs].


[Fade to black]

4 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Somehow, I think Joey will go through w/those pictures, just to imagine the scraping.......lol (love the metaphor)

mCat said...

I'm constantly wondering where in th world this kid comes up with stuff : )

Teachinfourth said...

I wonder where he comes up with most of his stuff, too...you should hear the stuff I don't post.

tammy said...

Awesome. And now I want to hear the stuff you don't post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...