Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Shirt

Pin It UPDATE: 8-16-2011


Sometime in the next two weeks I'll be offering the Joey shirt for sale again, just if you were wondering.

I love Joey.

The stories I get from him every day make me laugh.

Really.

Do you remember how I said that at one day I’d have a Joey shirt?

Well, welcome to the here and now.

About a year ago I asked my sister, Miya, to create the design for me after just a little bit of creative input (“I want three dead kittens, but tastefully dead; not gory or bloody”). About a week later she gave me something that I absolutely loved.

From then it only took me about a year (with the help of my other sister) to finally do the legwork of getting a quality shirt and finding a silk screener so the shirt would be awesome.


I now have four shirts of differing color, but all containing the same awesomeness. It’s my new favorite, and I wear it all the time. In fact, I almost wore it to school on Friday.

Almost.

I wanted to give a shout-out to my awesome sister for her hard work and would love for you to check out her photography page, but if you click on her ‘Fan Art’ page, you do so at your own risk.

Wait Teachinfourth, how the heck could I get Joey shirt for my very own?

I've already done up the first printing and there are a slew of people walking around in their very own Joey Dosen't Like Kittys shirt. When it is apparent that the demand for another printing is in order, I'll put the PayPal button and ordering system back online. In the meantime, if you'd like to let me know you want one (and would like to be notified when a second printing is done) please drop an email to teachinfourth@yahoo.com.

The shirts are $15 – shipping fees are already included.

Anything else? Oh yeah, the image only prints in white. A white t-shirt would be less effective, but you’d still need to let me know the color you wanted…

19 comments:

CB said...

Talented people designing and screen printing your own shirts - Very awesome!

Cheeseboy said...

I totally dig the shirt. So cool. I will talk to my wife about allowing me to buy one.

Kristina P. said...

These are great! Your sister is very talented.

Connie said...

Kittens, spelling tests, Joey, what a combination! Your sis is creative. Well done!

Jamie said...

Wow! Well done! I am impressed. :) It's so tempting. Why must you tempt us bloggers like this?

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Love the shirt!...I think the white on black is the best... would love one... R u gonna set up a paypal for this? BTW checked out your sister's work..omg, she is talented and I see she has a love of cats unlike Joey...

Just SO said...

I am thinking that this may be something that I get myself for Christmas. I LOVE it!

Linn said...

You sister is amazing! I am super impressed!

And glad you didn't wear it to school.

mamahasspoken said...

I want one! If for any other reason, to make others wonder what the heck it means ;o)
Sign me up for one, I'll e-mail you the info.

Anonymous said...

And here I thought you were going to say your new favorite t-shirt had a guitar on it........ ;)

Jenny Lynn said...

Very creative..... I enjoy your joey stories as well.

I am back, with a different blog that is not associated with my family. Love making new friends!

Serene is my name not my life said...

LOL! Awesome.

Totally digging the poses. Ever thought of modeling? :D

♥Miya said...

I can't believe you actually used that, I tossed the file ages ago! Looks awesome ;)

Marnie said...

What a great idea!

Sarah said...

I would love one in black, do you accept Paypal? I don't mind waiting until you get your minimum order to get mine. Plus, your "Moments With Joey" never fail to make me giggle - thanks so much for sharing!

mCat said...

I totally want a Joey shirt.
Anyone who milks his elbow and then teaches me a new word like smartacool should be honored with his own T.

Nuttley said...

I want one just because I love the story behind it. Although, I'm not so sure what my cat will think about it....
There is also a "Joey" at this house who I know would love one too. Do you do green? Not Kermit or grass green, but cool camoflauge type green? If not, black will suffice.

Teachinfourth said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Also, thanks Miya for the great design.

To answer a few questions:

Yes, I can do whatever color you would like, just make it known when you order (or send me a ZMail).

I do accept Paypal. I just set up the button last night and it's now on the sidebar.

I have thought of modeling before, but then I changed my mind because I don't want the professionals to get jealous of my handsomeness.

The guitar shirt is awesome…no doubt. I may have to wear it for caramel apple day.

I think I got everything…


However, welcome back, guys. Also, thanks for commenting. It makes me feel all squishy inside.

Seriously.

Kate said...

LOVE the story. The shirt is BRILLIANT. And I HAVE Kitten Children. Oh - don't judge ME. (Fine, judge me.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...