Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hodgepodge

Pin It I wanted to tell you that I posted at Four Perspectives this morning.

I wanted tell you that I am planning a Hocus Pocus night on Thursday of this week but I don't want to come up with something creative like in years of yore. Why? Mostly because I lack the time and the creative energy right now.

But it will be fun.

We'll start out with a 'preshow' at 6:30 of It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and then begin the feature film at 7:00. If you need directions, please click the ZMail link and let me know. I'll steer ya right…

I wanted to let you know that I have let the dishes pile up in my sink for four days. It's about time to wash them because I have no bowls left.

I wanted to tell you that I realized that I haven't run a Joey post for two or so weeks. I have several, I just haven't taken the time to write them up from my Joey notebook. I will post one later this week.

I wanted to let you know that I tried making caramel apples last night and heated the caramel squares in the microwave. When it cooled, it turned into a rock. I guess I lack the caramel apple skills and should hence leave that to the experts.

I wanted to tell you that I bought 20+ boxes of Sundried Tomato and Basil Wheat Thins on sale a week or so ago. I have been downing those things like they're going out of style.

I thought I'd tell you about Halloween this year and how I am undecided at how I want to dress up. Funny, this is my favorite holiday and I just can't seem to come up with what I want to be…after all, this only happens once a year.

I thought I'd tell you that I am planning to voice the first Halloween show at ComedySportz on Friday. Of course, I might not be doing it, but I hope so since I can't do it on my usual Saturday because I'm helping a friend at their haunted house.

I thought you might like to know that I bought a fog machine last week because fog machines are cool.

It rained for three days. The wind blew and caused a lot of mayhem. I love the rain. I didn't mind when the howling wind woke me up on on Sunday night.

I made zucchini bread a week ago and it was wonderful. I found the recipe here and added the crumble topping one of the commenters suggested; I discovered that it made it even more fabulous. I bought some more zucchini at the store last night to make another loaf or two.

I thought I should tell you that it's now 7:22 in the morning and I should have headed out to work seven minutes ago.

As a final note, I thought I'd share this…however, some will consider it untasteful and you might want to consider this before pushing the button.

And don't say that I didn't warn you…

15 comments:

Mama-Face said...

i'd like to tell you that now i have no choice but to make zucchini bread today. Perfect weather for it anyway.

You work at ComedySportz? (give me a break, I've been out of the loop for quite a while).

Great storm except for the picking up of garbage strewn all over the street yesterday morning.

Hope you have/had a great day.

Kristina P. said...

You are one busy guy! I do love dressing up.

Amy said...

Love the Jib Jab!

I have a wonderful and easy costume for you for Halloween...just go as a teacher! You have already perfected it!

TisforTonya said...

I enjoyed your post but what I'm going away with is blah blah blah zucchini bread blah blah... why oh why don't I have any zucchini in the house?

(okay, okay - I read the rest too... hope you made it to work on time - students are amazingly unforgiving when you're late!)

mCat said...

Those pumpkins freak me out!!

And love me some zuchinni bread, as long as there are no choco chips and lots of walnuts!

tammy said...

I wanted to tell you that my boys love those videos!

I wanted to tell how much I wish I was going to be in UT for your Halloween party.

Fog machines are really cool. It's on my list of things to buy. I go back and forth between decorating my front yard cute and scary. I think next year will have to be scary.

Have I told you how much I love Halloween?

Jamie said...

Might I say that your choice of videos is quite intriguing. How did this video make you feel? Did you have a strong desire to show others? {lame attempt at being a psychologist} I actually enjoyed the video and got quite a chuckle out of it. I hope your week ends well with the Halloween fun. :)

CB said...

REally? You made zucchini bread - Well don't you rock!
And Hocus Pocus Is my favorite movie to watch this time of year!! It is the best!!

mamahasspoken said...

Love the video, I even posted it on my fb wall! Mainly because it fits me: so sickly gross, it's funny.
As for a costume, I feel your pain. Couldn't come up with anything then I went to Martha
Stewart's web site. She has some awesome ideas and I've 'revamped' one of them for this year and have a great idea for next.

Connie said...

Impressive. I hope you can decide on a costume soon, you don't have much time left!
I didn't watch the video. Just sayin' - since you warned us.

Natasha and Jesse said...

You've been busy! Way to go on the fog machine...they are fun. And good luck figuring out a costume, I'm sure you'll pick something great.

I didn't realize annoying orange was now annoying pumpkin. :)

(http://www.youtube.com/user/realannoyingorange)

Cheeseboy said...

There are two things I've always wanted to buy just because I think they are cool. 1. A fog machine. 2. A power generator.

I can't believe you like Sundried Tomato and Basil Wheat Thins. I've tried them and thought they were not good. Not good at all. But, happy you found them.

Kelly said...

I know just how you feel with all the crazy busy stuff going on at my house I have had no time to comment on blogs lately.

Hope you have a spooky and wonderful Halloween.

Loved the pumpkin video!

diane rene said...

that video was hilarious ... disturbingly hilarious :)

Just SO said...

I laughed at that video. Wrong as that may seem.

I would like to come to the Hocus Pocus party but I don't think I'll be able to. bummer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...