Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Moments with Joey - Guys & Boys

Pin It

SCENE 1, INTERIOR. MORNING, HALLWAY. The students are taking a three-minute drink and restroom break. As they finish, they group in two lines near the drinking fountain. The teacher stands at the head of the lines, making sure that the kids are not goofing off. One of the fifth grade boys in line is gazing intently at a poster on a nearby wall of different U.S. Landmarks, he turns to face his teacher.

JOEY: Mr. Z, where do geysers come from?

TEACHER: Geysers?

[The teacher’s eyes flick to the poster where an image of Old Faithful can clearly be seen near the bottom right corner].

JOEY: Yeah, how do they start?

TEACHER: Well, geysers first start off as little boy-sers, and then they slowly develop to one day become fully-grown guy-sers…

[The kids standing in line erupt into fits of hysterical laughter. There is a short pause from the boy before his face splits into a huge grin].

JOEY: And when they get old they become ‘geezers’ and get stinky, like my grandpa, right?

[The teacher smiles back].

TEACHER: Yep. [Pause] And that’s something for you to look forward to one day.

[Fade to black]

22 comments:

Richard & Natalie said...

This has just gained a spot in my favorite MWJ! Joey's comeback was good, but it would've have been possible without your explanation. You crack me up!

Richard & Natalie said...

Oops. I meant *would have not*.

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Joey certainly is coming into his own!. lol....

CB said...

Too funny!! My boys always make fart and burp jokes about the geysers - It is definately a guy thing!

mCat said...

LOL! Awfully witty on both your parts

Unknown said...

Funny! Love your quick thinking! I usually come up with funny stuff way after the fact. :)

Rachel said...

That! Was funny! One of my favorites thus far......

Rachel said...

That! Was funny! One of my favorites thus far......

Mindy said...

LOL!
This has to be one of my favorites!

(Was this the gem you were talking about last week? )

Teachinfourth said...

Mindy, this was actually yesterday...

Cheryl said...

This is the best one yet!

drea :: dre of white stables said...

love these posts!

as a side note, i sent my daughter to public schools this week. it was a tough decision,(i had been home schooling her) but the right one...and your blog has really been an encouragement. it's great to see a teacher who puts so much into their job, and it's obvious you really love your students...so, thanks! =)

Tracy P. said...

Awesome!! :-)

Karen M. Peterson said...

Ha! That kid is quick!

Jillybean said...

Awesome!
I love your Joey stories because they remind me of my son.

wendy said...

Now I want to go to Yellowstone with my grandkids...and tell them that amazing geological information.

brilliant.

Mindee@ourfrontdoor said...

When I don't know the answer I go for comedy too. :)

Rhoda said...

that was brilliant! Loved the way you handled that! (hasn't Joey ever played on pbskids.org? --ruff-ruffman has a whole game about it!)

Connie said...

So which one of you is the straight man? Pretty clever...both of you!

Rachel said...

Quick comeback - both of you!

I'm sure I would have lost control of the classmates by that point :)

Danielle said...

That's awesome :P

SunnySkies said...

This kid is hilarious! Love these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...