Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekly Kodachrome - River Sunset

Pin It

I stood at the edge of the river as the sounds of running water filled my ears with a cadence like no other. The sun glistened off its many-faceted surface and flowed over the sandstone boulders that broke its surface here and there. I raised my camera as the dappled shadows from the clouds overhead littered the landscape like players on a chessboard.

The chilled wind tugged at my jacket, reminding me that autumn is well on its way to be over and winter—as ever—is waiting to take its place.

*Oh, and if you were interested in knowing, this image is actually eleven photos stitched together…just for the record.

Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living
Did you take a photo in the past seven days that made you smile? If so, feel free to include it in the linky below. 

Remember, by adding your photo into the Weekly Kodachrome meme you are agreeing to do one of the following: display the linky or button to your post, or link back to this post so that everyone gets a little more exposure for the image they’ve uploaded. Those who don’t help to ’share the love’ will have their links removed. You can find the code for the linky here.


10 comments:

CB said...

Truly Beautiful!

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 Lettre Words said...

Love those clouds!

Linn said...

This is honestly one of the coolest pictures ever!

Mindy said...

Beautiful... what else can be said?

I love how you captured the evening light and the interplay of light and shadow on both water and land. It is amazing how you capture the stark beauty of this desert land.

Richard & Natalie said...

11...wow. I never would have known. Beautiful.

rachel said...

wow, that is gorgeous, and flawless!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I would never have guessed that image was pieced together.

Simply beautiful.

tammy said...

That is really amazing.

Unknown said...

THAT is very cool! Gorgeous!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Shanna said...

Love panoramic photos, I hope someday to make one that impressive. The photograph evokes a peaceful feeling for me. I spent 19 years in San Juan county in Utah and I have an emotional attachment to the rock formations there. Very similar to those you have captured. Your words are as expressive as your photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...