I received my first one in the mail just a few days ago...
It reminded me of the time two and three years ago I created two totally different cards: this one, and this one. The first sent my mom into hysterics; I think she probably dropped a few choice words as well upon seeing it...well, according to my aunt.
You see, in it I had a wife, son, and dog she'd never heard of before...
That was probably my best card ever, and I've spent a lot of time in thinking of ways to top it.
Well, I thought of something brilliant; however, this idea would take a lot of work, time, and effort. And to be honest, I am feeling somewhat lethargic about the whole idea.
Yeah, that's just a fancy word for lazy.
Then, while showering, I was struck with a brilliant idea about the ULTIMATE Christmas card…
You see, for the students in my class each year, instead of giving them something they'll simply throw away in a few weeks - knickknack paddy crap - I let them pick a free 5x7 photo from my photography site. And this little gift, my friends, is what spurred the brilliance which cascaded all around me like the hot water from the showerhead…instead of making Christmas cards, I decided to give away 100 Christmas photos.
Yep, you heard right.
I'm going to give away 100 5x7 photos from my website or blog (there are a lot of photos on my blog that I haven't uploaded to my photography site because - like I said - I'm apathetic…my friend, Tib, said I really should update my site and I do plan to...someday). Right now I don't have all of my images linked, but many of them can be found HERE. I won't lie though…there are hundreds of shots here on my blog that I don't have on my photography website (see previous comment on laziness).
But Teachinfourth, how do I get a ticket on the gravy train of love and get my hands on one of these 100 shots you’re offering up and sending out 2 1/2 - 3 weeks from today?
Well, it’s easy as getting run over by a reindeer – actually easier. There’s only three things to do...
Step 1: Be one of the first 100 people to leave a comment letting me know what photo you would like for your ‘card’. If the photo is from my blog and doesn’t have a name, simply copy the URL and post it in your comment so I can easily find it. You could also describe it...
Step 2: Run a post on YOUR blog about Adventures & Misadventures of Daily Living, or my photography site, Along the Backroads. Your post doesn't have to be about this Christmas offer, but can instead be about Moments with Joey, Weekly Kodachrome, or any post you particularly like, or a link and shout-out about the photography site or blog in general.
Also, I'd love it if you'd mention the post you liked, the photography site, or this blog on Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media you currently use.
Yeah, I'm needy like that.
Step 3: Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or simply click on the Z-Mail link below) and let me know your mailing address (reminding me again of the shot you selected, and including the link to the post you've written from step #2).
I'll get your photograph printed and mailed out to you sometime a few weeks after the final day of this offer. Don’t worry, I won’t send you pipe bombs, junk mail, or anything of the like…
Okay, now comes all the rules and general things you probably should know, but it really isn't necessary to read...unless you really want to:
- Alphabetography images - as well as shots of people - are not eligible for this free gift. Well, if it's a shot of yours truly - and I look amazing in the photo - I'd probably let you pick it. Also, I have taken most of the photos on this site, however, there are a few I used from other places but these are nearly all marked with a disclaimer that they're from somebody else - and I don't think you'll be picking any of these though…I mean really, shots like THIS?
- These photos will not be matted, but instead will sent to you in a plain, boring envelope.
- Because of the 5x7 size, shots that are panoramic will have to be - sadly - cropped. Just know that the image might look slightly different than what you see on the site.
- Only one Christmas 'card' per blogger. Comments may not be submitted as 'Anonymous' for this, either…sorry, I'm going to have to be a stickler on this.
- A few of the images from my blog might not be available; you see, I had a hard drive crash a while ago and several images were lost...however, most of what I have linked should be available. Just have a second choice in mind should I no longer have the image you really want.
- This special ends Wednesday the 14th at midnight, or when the last 'card' is claimed - whichever comes first. You will probably get your 'card' a few days after Christmas…considering the busyness of the season.
Did I forget anything else?
Oh yes, I'd love to have you send me your Christmas card from this year, too - that is, only if you are willing. I'll provide my address to you when I respond to the email you send to me with your information - but only if you want to, this is not a requirement. After all, I would love to have a mailbox full of Christmas cheer rather than electric bills and Publisher’s Clearing House winner notifications (I'll send you my mailing address once you've sent me that email. Is that a deal? Remember though, this is only if you tell me you'd like to send me one; there's no pressure).
I think that there was one more thing...
Oh yeah, Merry Christmas.
Oh, and just in case you wanted to like it here or there...like I said before, I'm pretty needy.