About six or seven weeks ago I found myself taking down the Christmas decorations which festooned my home and made it feel bright and cheery. As I took them down, I suddenly felt a longing for Christmas yet again.
I feel it again today.
I love Angela Landsbury’s rendition of, “We Need a Little Christmas” from the musical, Mame. There are times when I feel that I can really relate to Mame, especially as she and her nephew, Patrick, decide that they really need a little something to keep them going...they need a little Christmas. I firmly believe that we all, at times, need a little Christmas too.
The main reasons I hate Christmas being over are:
7. The “newness” feeling of the snow is missing.
6. The white lights and decorations are down.
5. My sister's AMAZING cooking and meals.
4. The feeling of anticipation is gone.
3. No more Christmas music of the Savior on the radio.