Thursday, November 6, 2008

Not so ready

Pin It The incessant call of preparedness whispers yet again from a distant room.

We depart town tomorrow around 9.

My bags are not packed—these are not only physical but mental and social bags as well—and yet tomorrow will undoubtedly come.

As I prepared sub plans for my class tomorrow, I found myself missing my classroom already. I was missing my students. I’m hoping they do well for the substitute. Of course, Jacs can most certainly take care of herself, and they are a good group of kids. No foreseeable problems looming out on the horizon.

Always before a trip I find myself in this place. The place of not wanting to go. Feeling no desire to pack the proverbial bags and to make myself ready. Yet, it always is that once the journey has commenced, I am glad that I have taken it.

Hopefully this trip will be the same.

It’s been a year since I’ve seen my family. It will be good to see them again, though short this trip will undoubtedly be.

Not sure how the Internet will be wherever I am staying as I have not made any plans or contacted anyone as of yet. So I may not post for a few days—not sure. I think I’ll just show up on someone’s doorstep. After all, isn’t that what friends are for?

Indeed it is.

8 comments:

Stephen T said...

Hope you have a great trip. I am in a similar place now because it has been 3 years since I have seen my family in Texas. My parents aren't in the best health, so I really need to go see them. I would really like to go to Spokane too, because my favorite mission comp lives about 2 miles from the temple. We have not seen each other since his wedding 18 years ago.

K.J. said...

Be safe, and have fun! Family is always a good thing to be surrounded by!
KJ

Unknown said...

oh have a great trip! I wish I could have gone with you. Take lots of pictures!!! I miss them all!!

♥Miya said...

Dad has the internet now, thanks to Roy. Not sure if it's wireless, but hey, it's something!

Lydia said...

You are braver than me to not have made plans. I like to know what's going to happen. I hope you enjoy being with your family. Being with family is my favorite thing. Enjoy the wedding.

mywest said...

Son,
I really love you and the trip was much too short...but after all it was Yancy's day in the sun. Can't wait to see you again.....

Gerb said...

I hope everything went well - safe travels and all that. Sometimes I think it's better to go into things "unpacked".

Teachinfourth said...

ST - You can never 'get back' that trip you should have taken...especially if that thing/person is gone when you finally make it.

Just a thought.

KJ - It was a good trip. It was nice to see family who I haven't seen in years...for example, my cousins from THIS entry.

Kris - It will be a week or three before I can get around to my brother's pictures, but some of them are great! I'll post some when I get the chance to go through them.

Meem - Thanks for the 'pizza memories' on Saturday! It was great to see you again. I miss you guys a ton. BTW, the Internet there saved my life.

Lydia - I ended up finding a place to stay...I called them up when I was about 20 minutes from their house...around 8 at night.

Mywest - Hey, every dog has his day, right? Good thing his is now overwith...

Gerb - I wholeheartedly agree. It was a good move on my part.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...