Sunday, August 17, 2008

'Twas the Night Before the First Day of School—Part II

Pin It It’s 9:00.

Before I know it, it will be 6:00 and I will not have slept for most of the night.

I remember last year on the night before school started; and how I was not able to find that particular place where dreams met reality.

I don’t want a repeat of that again…ever.

One would think that hitting the eight year mark would take care of before-school insomnia, and perhaps this year will be different—but to be honest, I don’t want to take that chance.

I started to look through my house to find some sleeping pills. I can’t remember the last time I used one, but I figured that tonight would be a god night to make a little preemptive strike with a little NyQuil P.M.

Still waiting for the troops to kick in.

6 comments:

Jannx said...

I was just passing through. You have an interesting blog.

Good luck with your first day of school (and all the other days that will follow).

MindyElias said...

I have to say that I LOVE that you get nervous before the first day of school.......that tells me two things....

One--you don't take for granted what you do. And I love that it come through with sleepless nights and butterflies in your stomache.

Second---you get your kids....you get that they are nervous as well. And excited :)

Those fifth graders only have one first day of fifth grade. You only have one first day of your 8th year of teaching....how cool is that?

I'm sure it will be amazing because I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way! :)

Unknown said...

I have that every Sunday night. I worry about what to do for the week. I hate it! Good Luck!

Gerb said...

I hope all went well for your first day at AE. Hopefully sleep came sooner than later. Is it strange that I get nervous the night before my kids' first day?

Anonymous said...

I think I was feeling the same way you were, only I was afraid if I took some thing to make me sleepy I would sleep through my alarm clock!
I think some Poo would have helped me sleep better!
KJ

Teachinfourth said...

Jannx - Thanks. It turned out to be pretty good overall.

Mindy - Thanks for your words, it changed up a few things I usually tell my class each year. It was better because of your words.

Kris - I survived!

Gerb - No, not if you are tying to live vicariously through them...

KJ - A little Chunk-A-Poo always brings a smile to the heart and a sparkle to the soul.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...