Thursday, October 30, 2008

Saturday is a special day...

Pin It Today is a red-letter day in the annals of time.

Why is that?

Because today is the day my photography website is 99% completed.

What? Are you serious?

Yep, just like a chemistry final.

Can I look at it now?

No, I just updated the main page with a message announcing that Saturday is the day.


Why not put it up tonight or tomorrow? Why wait until Saturday?

Well, tomorrow is Halloween…I don’t want anything to take from one of my absolute favorite holidays, besides there are a few more ‘tweaks’ I need to do before I want to show it to the world. When you think about it, you’ve waited this long right? What are a few more days?

Good point. So, what are you changing?

Well, I gave my sister a ‘sneak peek’ at the site for any recommendations she had. She did offer up a few suggestions of things I could do so as to make the site a bit better…friendlier.

So, are you going to do anything to kick off the new site?

Oh, there’ll be something…it will be cool.

What do you have planned?

Check back on Saturday and you’ll find out. I also hope everybody will let me know what they think of the site. A lot of time, money, and hard work have gone into bringing my photography to the masses. It’s exciting really. To be honest, I want to publish it right now, but then it will be a bummer because it’s more or less the dress rehearsal, not the actual performance.

You mean, some of the buttons might not work properly?

That’s EXACTLY what I’m saying. Some of the ‘lines’ of code might not be just right. Heck, even when I publish the thing there will undoubtedly still be a few errors here and there…I’m counting on my friends to point these out so I can fix them…that way, I won’t look like an idiot to the world at large.

So, Saturday?

Saturday it is. What a red-letter day.

7 comments:

shoezimm said...

And yet you fail to point out if it will be up at the crack of dawn or if you are going to make us wait until noon for the official ribbon-cutting ceremony. What if we sneak online at midnight....will it be up then? Details, give us details!

Even with some coding issues that will inevitably come up...your site will be amazing. I am glad that all the hard work is finally starting to come to fruition.

Unknown said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Gerb said...

I'll stop checking everyday now. Saturday, then. I can't wait! (but I guess I'll have to)

Anonymous said...

What an accomplishment!
I can't wait to check it out!
KJ

♥Concerned♥ said...

So excited!!

Danielle said...

YYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
I'm SOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!

Teachinfourth said...

Shoe - As you know...it is already up now, but you're right...at first I didn't say the time as I wasn't sure of the time myself.

Kris - Thanks for stopping by regularly.

Gerb - Now you can go each day just for fun.

KJ - Glad you ended up liking it!

J&J - So was I.

Uncle D - Diddo...now that it's up I can focus on everything else there is still do get done. Gotta love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...