Thursday, April 9, 2009

A world of wetness

Pin It I’d woken early—much earlier than I would have liked given the amount of sleep I’d been getting lately; however, I arose from my bed and began to steel myself for the day.

When I arrived downstairs, I heard the sound.

The sweet tone and fragile notes of rainfall on roof…

It was exhilarating.

I opened the doorway into the enchanted world before me, and felt a rush of buoyancy greet me with the sluice of rain; what better greeting could one get than this to commence one’s day?

My feet were ready, as was I. I was prepared to meet with a smile whatever was there to challenge me; and into the drizzling cloudburst I journeyed.

With a smile…


Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet. ~Roger Miller


7 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

Personally, I like to sleep when it's raining vs going out in it. Guess I'm the one who gets wet ;o)

MindyElias said...

My mama taught us to dance in the rain and put when we were lucky enough to see a rainbow, she would pile us into the car and take us to try to find the end of the rainbow..........

So now, as a "grown up", I still tend to walk in the rain with an umbrella, with my face turned up towards the sky.........

Meg said...

I love rain. I love storms!

But not so much fun when you have a 2 year old. Cooped up inside. Bouncing off the walls. Not fun for me.

Bring on the sunshine.

Gerb said...

LOOK AT THOSE CLOUDS!!

Sorry... didn't mean to yell. That was a beautiful, beautiful day. I can't wait for some more April showers.

Panama Jones said...

I don't mind rainy days like I did when I was kid. Sometimes I even like them--comfortably safe and warm and dry. Storms are more fun and impressive. Bring it on.

And as for the sound of rain on the roof, I recall trying to teach a missionary discussion to a family who lived in a very modest home with a metal roof. We had to pause the discussion during a sudden downpour because the sound was so loud we couldn't hear each other from just a few feet away.

Jean Jones said...

You love the rain...a Washingtonian at heart still my friend.
I love the sound of rain. To watch the T-storms roll in is an amazing experience!
The down side...mud. Lot's of mud. Did I mention the mud?
Night Jas! Enjoy the rain!

Corine Moore said...

Hi Jas! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...