Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It started last night

Pin It I was talking to a friend of mine on the phone. We were discussing this and that when the subject came up. Why did it? I’m not sure, but we were both feeling very passionate about it to tell you the truth. I was actually surprised that she harbored this secret affinity, as did I.

Maple bars.

Now, before you think to yourself, “Hey, wait a minute here, this is just a blog entry about a donut?” You obviously have never had a maple bar from Macey’s.

After our little discussion I went to bed and when I woke up this morning the first thing on my mind were Macey’s maple bars. I wanted one, but decided against it. I needed to get ready, go to school, and make sure everything was prepared for the day.

6:45

I took care of the usual, ironing out my face, standing in the shower for fifteen minutes and just listening to the morning show on the radio, and then facing the grueling decision of which tie was I going to wear for the day. By the way, can I just say that I’m not enjoying dressing up each day as much as I did before? However, with “Chase’s” little deal, I just can’t miss a day or I must admit defeat…defeat is not an option, it never is.

As I saying though, as I was getting ready it was as if the maple bars across town were whispering my name…calling to me like a distant voice on the winds of destiny.

I ignored them at first.

7:22

I made my lunch and got ready to walk out the door.

7:27

I stared my car and pulled into the street. Traffic wasn’t too bad. I cranked up my iPod. “Dive” by Steven Curtis Chapman flooded through the car’s speakers and I found myself singing along as I drove to my usual turn to get to work.

…in the rush I hear a voice
that’s telling me it’s time
to take the leap of faith
come on let’s go

I’m diving in, I’m going deep…

The turn came…and the turn went. The voices in the wind were calling and I was listening.

For those of you who claim that a maple bar is only a donut and nothing to get excited about, it is obvious that you’ve never had a maple bar from Macey’s.

4 comments:

Julie said...

YUMMMM, maple bars. I can totally relate. When I was in High School, my friend and I had early morning algebra with trig, and we would like to get a maple bar to take to class with us. They are amazing!

Gerb said...

No mocking here...I can appreciate a good donut like nobody's business.

smalltoes said...

I just wanted to say ever since I read this post I have wanted a maple bar from Macey's because I do love their maple bars. I am eating one right now and it has sprinkles. I love sprinkles.

Teachinfourth said...

Jewels,

I knew we were friends for a reason!

Gerb,

Different names, but in essence, they are the same, right?

Shay-Shay,

Aren't they they the bomb? I could eat a couple of them right about now with a tall glass of ice-cold milk!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...