Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Photo update

Pin It

Well, just an update from the photo world. I have realized that there is a LOT of work that goes into trying to get something off of the ground. This is one of those times. I found myself spending many hours digging through all of my photos from over the past 7 years and putting them all into one place. As I was going through these files I was reminded of the words I’d heard about amateurs vs. professionals. Amateurs show you everything theyve done, professionals only shows you the best. Sometimes going though photos and trying to decide which your favorites are is like trying to decide which kid is your favorite.

I do have favorites.

The photos I have below are only about one-third of the total photos I have set aside as those “worthy” of showcasing; however, printing these out was a bit on the expensive side. Yet…there was something amazing seeing all of these photos spread out over my kitchen table. As I looked at them I was hit with a thought, “Wow, I’ve taken some pretty good photos!”

I have taken some dandies too...

On Thursday I go in to Hoffman & Company to set up an S-Corp. What is that you ask? I will admit, I had no idea before I talked to one of their representatives about it. An S-Corp is basically a type of business license that can be set up for those people without a storefront.

Yes, that would be me.

I must admit that it is kind of exciting to be doing something like this, however, there is a certain amount of risk…you know, a setting yourself up for failure. I am excited to start this; I can only hope that it will go someplace other than into the ground.


4 comments:

Gerb said...

Good luck with your new venture! Just follow the advice you teach to your students each year:

"...out in the world we find,
Success begins with a fellow's will.
It's all in the state of mind."

Teachinfourth said...

Curses, it always seems that this stuff comes back to haunt me...

smalltoes said...

Ok, if I were rich I would buy all of those on your table. (In big print) You are amazing. I am so excited for you. Yeah!!

K.J. said...

I need an autographed picture before you become any more famous! Or else I won't be able to afford it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...