Saturday, March 15, 2008

I know...

Pin It
Okay, this is lame.

I know that it is lame.

I just want you to know that I know so that you knew what I know. What is it that that I know you wanted to know? Well, I just want you to know that I know that this is not the greatest piece of cinematographic work ever to be produced…in fact, it doesn’t even come close…believe me, I know. 

How could I not know?

Well, what more could you expect from 4 missionaries, an old, VHS video camera, and one day to shoot? Well, this is exactly what you get when you put all of that together…of course you need to understand that all of the original edits were done by pushing the “pause” button on the camera and the original music was dubbed in from having a stereo next to the camera while we were filming. Doesn’t make for the finest quality of film now does it? Even with a few “modern” edits and dubbings put to the original film, doesn’t make it massively greater either. However, this is something my buddies and I made about ten years ago, and it was a lot of fun at the time for us…I just thought that I would share.
Just remember before going any further that I didn’t force you to push the play button or to sit here and spend 15 minutes of your life watching this, now did I? Just take this into consideration BEFORE you push play…

Wow, that sounds like something you’d read on the “extras” portion of a DVD, doesn’t it?

“The opinions expressed herein are those of the individuals and do not necessarily represent the views of What’s their Bucket Inc. or their affiliates. What’s their Bucket Inc. does not warrant the…blah, blah, blah…”

You get the point.

Now, with all of that out of the way, do you remember how I talked about wanting to be a superhero when I was a kid? Well, I would say that that really helped to bring this short film into existence—that, and wanting to make a movie on my last field day in Missouri. For this, I apologize in advance.

Just remember, I told you it was lame.

And yes, I know.



9 comments:

K.J. said...

The kids and I thought the movie was spectacular! We laughed! You are quite the actor!

annette said...

That was great! I can't believe you did all of that in just one day.

Teachinfourth said...

KJ,

Glad it made you laugh. Hopefully, you don't think any less of me now...

Nettle,

Isn't it amazing all of the "lameness" one can accomplish in a single day if they really put their mind to it?

Julie said...

This was great...it made me laugh. Oh, the old lame videos that me make! It brought back to my memory a science video I made with a small group when I was in 9th grade. It was about earthquakes, pretty lame as well, but very funny!

Gerb said...

My friends and I all made our own music video then mailed them to each other once, way back when. This movie blows those out of the water...but the memories are what made them fun.

Kathy said...

I remember seeing this video back when you first made it. Great job on the improved soundtrack and editing. You never cease to amaze me!

Teachinfourth said...

Jewels,

Isn't it crazy the stuff we do in the name of "coolness?"

Gerb,

Isn't there a quote about "the journey" out there someplace? You're right...sometimes it's the most important thing.

Kathy,

Glad you loved it. One day I will 'remaster' The Adventures of Stupendous Man & SuperSedge Part II. However, that will have to wait...

Kathy said...

Z-Bot, man was that a blast from the past. I really enjoyed watching it again, I just wish Aaron was here to watch it with me. I totally forgot we loaned you our "dolls" for the production.
Hey, can you move back to Missouri? We really miss you!!!
I don't know if you know this, but I am the early morning seminary teacher in the Jeff City Ward. The Schmit kids are in my class and the other day I used a Bill Peet book to make a point and thankfully I found the tape that you made for Aaron with that story on it. The minute I started it Cameron said, "Hey that is Elder Z!" For those students that didn't have the opportunity to know you, can I say, you really impressed them with your magical voice!!! Thank you!!! YOUR THE BEST!!!
Love you tons, Sister C

Teachinfourth said...

Sista C,

Reading over your comment really made me think of the "good ole' days" way back when. Just know that I miss you guys and think about you more often than you might think.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...