Tuesday, December 2, 2008

As it comes

Pin It There were a hundred different things which raced through my head to blog about tonight…or at least a dozen.

Each item seemed so perfect, but it was discarded.

I don’t wish to be deep tonight. Nor do I wish to be eloquent. Therefore, I will write it as it comes with no revision of said words.

I made my lunch this morning as I usually do, not really realizing that the bread was freezer-burned at first. Upon closer inspection I made the discover, and decided to stop in at the grocery store to pick up a deli sandwich.

$5?

I stood there looking at the price again.

It didn’t change.

As I looked at the quality of the product coupled with the price tag, the two just didn’t seem to go together. I decided to spend my hard-earned cash on something a bit more worthwhile.

Apples and bananas.

And of course, a visit to the Walker’s on Center Street for a Dunford Maple Bar.

Purchasing these varied items would cost less than the sandwich in question.

Unfortunately, Walker’s was out of the maple bars by the time I’d arrived.

I felt incredibly ripped off.

I’ll just have to try again tomorrow…

Perhaps a few minutes earlier.

5 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Hey, did you write on my blog? Who are you? Ha ha.

Gerb said...

I hate when the price doesn't change!! I try that one all the time...

You know, there is a city bakery just off of Center street, too - you never know, you may be impressed!

Anonymous said...

Everytime I see, smell or think of a Maple Bar it reminds me of you! Those are my all time favorite doughnut as well!
KJ

Unknown said...

I prefer chocolate...though my thighs don't! Hey whats up with your cat scan?????

Anonymous said...

Your blog is great! You commented on mine, so I guess that means it's ok for me to comment on yours right? Anyway, I am Rhoda's neighbor. I am sorry to hear about your battles with migraines. I am sure everyone you talk to has some story of how they have had migraines too so this may sound cliche, sorry if this is the case. I found a medicine that worked wonders for me. It's called Topamax. After Cat scans and MRI's, (not to mention a ton of $$$)showed nothing out of the ordinary, I was put on this medicine and it has really helped. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...