Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Return to Christmas

Pin It Do you have a favorite book you like to read at Christmas time? Mine used to be The Greatest Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson, but a score of years ago I discovered another book which has become my seasonal favorite—and it has remained number one since that time. In fact, it’s up there with my top 10 all-time favorite books as well.

Every Christmas I faithfully read this book to my students; they in turn come to love the story too.

The name of the book? A Return to Christmas by Chris Heimerdinger.

What I probably love most about the book is how Chris is able to hook you with a wonderful storyline, and you find yourself dying to know how it can possibly pan out—but trust me, it does.

Read it.

You won't regret it, I promise.

By the way, I found that you can read the first chapter online HERE, plus a the first page of chapter two. That is, if you’re interested.

7 comments:

Esther said...

Hello!
My name is Esther and I'm from to Spain. My english is very bad.. sorry . LOL, but i read your post and I feel = that you. Quina nit de Reis, is the book that i read every christmas, is more infantil but it like me.

Sorry for my very very very bad english..

xoxo

Esther said...

Your Spanish is better than my english.. ^^. My favourite hobbie is read and written fantasy histories. But my histories are very bad.. But help me improve my writing and to speed up my mind.

bye!

Esther said...

hi!

First to say, that although it is by translator, thanks to comment to me in Spanish. I found your blog because it went of blog in blog, and I felt identified with post of Christmas books.

I think that talk with you in english will be good for me. For practise my bad english.

And i like your posts, are very interesting!

Esther said...

esther_elle@hotmail.es
this is my e-mail

Johanna Hallenberger said...

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog! I love your work as well....are you LDS?! I saw a picture of a family in white infront of the temple, just wondering!! Hope you have a great Christmas.

Kathy said...

Lucie and I listened to that book on audio books. It is great! I really enjoyed it.

Gerb said...

We own 4 copies of this book - one for each of my kids who has heard you read it aloud in class and one for myself. They wouldn't share!

Needless to say, it is one of our favorites as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...