Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What is the going rate of a soul these days?

Pin It In my classroom I have something called Bonus Bucks.

These are a type of classroom money the students may spend at the ‘Market Day’ we have four times during the school year. Students usually tend to hoard this ‘cash’ until our Market Days and they hate being in debt—especially when these magical day of buying and selling take place.

Yesterday I had a student whom I’ll call ‘Joey’ who incurred yet another debt for not having a signature in his planner. It is this signature from his parents which indicates that his homework assignments are complete from the night before. As Joey went to his desk to write me an IOU for the amount owed, I jokingly said, “Joey, you’re going to owe me your soul before much longer at this rate.”

Imagine my surprise when I went to my desk a bit later in the afternoon and saw his IOU sitting next to my laptop.


I wonder…just how would I go about cashing this in?

3 comments:

mywest said...

What's the worth of a soul? Sounds like its time to help Joey save his soul with a parent/teacher conference. I already like Joey...lets get his parents on line.
Love, DAD

K.J. said...

I think you will actually save his soul! You set such an example for the children in your class. All the love and support you give the children...He will take that with him for the rest of his life.
Smile!
KJ

Gerb said...

That Joey can be quite a character! This is hilarious. I love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...