Friday, December 12, 2008

Untitled

Pin It

It was about a month ago that the brother of a past student came to my classroom after school. I’ll call this kid, “All-a-Boy.” All-a-Boy had a sheepish expression on his face, and he was holding something behind his back…not usually a good combination, if you know what I mean.

“Hello, Mr. Z.” All-a-Boy said, stepping toward me. “And how are you doing today?”

I smiled and took a step back. “I’m doing well…what could I do for you today, sir?”

He took a step forward. “Oh, nothing.”

I took a step back.

He took another step forward. “Well, actually, my mom and sister wanted me to give you something.”

His hand whipped out from behind his back faster than a gunslinger in an old western. Good thing it wasn’t really a showdown, or I would have had it. Bullets did not ricochet off of the walls, and vapors didn’t rise from smoking guns. However, I was presented with a cowboy-ish treat…

And the name was unbelievable.

I had no idea that I was so famous.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmmmm Where did they find that?

Anonymous said...

That is so funny because I saw that just the other day and thought of you.

Anonymous said...

That is way cool! I haven't ever seen that jerky before! I am going to have to look for it when I go shopping!
How does it taste?
KJ

Julie said...

That is one of the coolest things I have seen! I apparently don't get out much.

Teachinfourth said...

Kris - I think they said it was at the dollar store...figures that my products would only be selling for a dollar...

Anonymous - I just seem to pop up everywhere.

KJ - I haven't tried it yet. Don't know as if I am ready to destroy such a thing of beauty.

Jewels - Dido.

andrea said...

oh ya. i seen that jerky online the other day. i was going to tell you about it. if you type in Mr. Z, you get jerky. who would have thought?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...