Thursday, December 18, 2008

I heard the voice...

Pin It Upon arriving home I began to work on various tasks. I’m all about doing the ‘not fun’ stuff in order to get to what I really enjoy. That was when I heard the voice.

It was speaking from the freezer.

I opened the refrigerator door and noticed a white bag which seemed to be calling to me. Now, before you jump to conclusions and imagine disembodied voices, or think that I had a body bag stuffed into my freezer (though there’d be no room for it with the current lack of vacancy in there) I will admit that it was actually a small white bag.

This bag.


I had carefully sealed up this bag over a month ago, ensuring that no air would get inside. I also tucked it away so as it would not to be crushed by other foodstuffs. After all, this little bag was important.

Now, I can almost hear the cogs turning in your brain. “Just what is in that little bag?”

Good question.

It was this…


Remember that cookie I was telling you about before? The one from Safeway which I love so much? Well, it was it.

I had to have it tonight.

So I did...with milk.

I certainly hope that the request I made to my dad for backup wasn’t taken as a joke.

After all, I know the voice will call yet again.

6 comments:

Gerb said...

Wait... YOU have a voice in your freezer, too?! I feel so much better now. Mine comes from a cylindrical carton full of ice cream, but there aren't many spare moments without kids to indulge myself.

That, and the lack of ice cream... but that's a good thing.

MindyElias said...

You are hysterical........Safeway's are on every corner in Arizona so next time you run out, I'd be happy to send you some!

Anonymous said...

I totally have back up snacks like you! This reminds me of something I would do!
It sure made me smile to think...I am not the only one that does this kind of thing!
KJ

Unknown said...

In the 80s, a little white bag? Well you know.....

Julie said...

I wish I had voices and cookies in my freezer!

mywest said...

I have been doing my research and I want you to know that the cookie you love so much is from a sugar cookie dough that Safeway has made for them. There is no recipe as I have asked to purchase if it was available...I have even looked in there trash to get a mfg name for the cookie dough so I could see who else they make this dough for......but the box doesn't give me that information....only a cookie dough made for Safeway called "Butter Sugar". It's a pre-shaped cookie that Safeway defrosts and adds a generic M&M candy and bakes. I can purchase the frozen dough that I'm willing to do and sent it to you via $$$$. Safeway bakery expert says try any butter sugar recipe or purchase a sugar cookie dough and add your M&M's and experiment with or without sugar sprinkles until you get the taste you like....If it doesn't work out they will be more than happy to sell the dough with or without generic M&M's.....My advise is experiment as its much cheaper....
Love, DAD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...